Field Service PR Agency
Field Force & Service Management PR Agency
M1PR (MediaFirst), a Field Force Automation (FFA) PR Agency
At Media First, we understand the Field Service marketplace better than anyone. Our experienced staff has worked with and for some of the largest and most successful players in the Field Service Management market. Whether your company is looking to increase awareness through public and analyst relations or needs in-depth competitive analysis to arm your sales force for battle, Media First is your one-stop-shop for marketing and business development services.
Many clients have enjoyed press coverage, effective content marketing, and engaging social media campaigns including:
- Custom software developers on AWS, Google, IBM, Microsoft, and cloud computing platforms
- Mobile application developers
- Field service, GPS tracking, inventory, and IoT applications
- Mobile, wireless, field service, and IoT ventures, such as Aether (funded, ExtremeLogic (acquired), iMedeon (funded), International Asset Systems (acquired), Paragon, Pointserve (pivot), WirelessVertical (startup)
Field Service Management A Complex Market
A complete Field Service Management solution includes several technologies that, when brought together, can help enterprises better service customers to increase profitability and build strong customer relationships. Most companies want to get their field service solution from one vendor instead of working with multiple suppliers to create a system piecemeal. However, the market is fragmented with vendors targeting a single industry while others sell their technology for specific applications. Companies that are users of Field Service applications were primarily in the utilities, construction, medical device service, and telecom industries. Now, lower-cost devices and mobile phones are driving applications down to every field-deployed employees and contractor.
Vendors struggle to differentiate themselves and partner with the right players. Enterprise buyers can quickly become overwhelmed.
At Media First, we understand these issues from both vendor and buyer perspectives so we can help your company position itself to compete and win—in an overcrowded and ill-defined market.
Field Service Management Industry Overview
Enterprises that deploy and implement Field Service technologies enjoy benefits that lead to increased productivity with workforce optimization and improved profitability through cost reduction or new and enhanced revenue streams. Among those benefits are:
- An explosion of new IoT devices and wireless connectivity options
- Ever smaller and more granular metrics from an increasing number of devices
- Enhanced Service Level Agreement Compliance
- Improved utilization of staff and resources, leading to higher productivity
- Reduction in lost inventory
- More accurate and timely billing cycles
- Rapid response and first call resolution
- Improvement in equipment uptime
Field Service Applications:
- Customer Information Systems
- Service Level Agreements
- Order Management
- Partner and Channel Management
- Help Desk and Customer Contact Center
Field Service Management
- Trouble Tickets/Work Order Management
- Scheduling and dispatch
- Vehicle Routing and Route Optimization
- Inventory Tracking
- Service Billing
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS) Tracking & Telematics
- Touchless business processes
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems) dashboards and map presentations
Enterprise Asset Management & Maintenance
- Work Order Management
- Inventory Management
- Remote and Onsite Diagnostics and Testing
- Analytics and Scheduling
Service Parts and Inventory Management
- Operations and Logistics
- Service and Supply Management
- Fulfillment and Supply Chain Management
- Depot Service and Reverse Logistics
- Warranty, Returns, and Billing Management
Field Service Management PR Case Study
As the Leading Supplier Collaboration Platform for Heavy Work, Command Alkon solutions deliver supply chain integration and frictionless digital collaboration across the heavy construction ecosystem. CONNEX, a many-to-many technology platform purpose-built for the industry, enables business partners to automate inter-enterprise operations, capture realtime visibility into heavy material orders and deliveries, leverage leading-edge software experiences to achieve mutually beneficial goals, and share knowledge to manage by exception and promote certainty of outcomes.
Command Alkon introduced new SaaS-based solutions that include “touchless” business operations for sales, scale weighing at a quarry, paperless transactions at a plant, or digitized ticketing at the job-site. They chose Media First to help introduce these new products, which included convincing the current construction industry, which is technology adverse, about the benefit of Cloud and SaaS solutions. Media First had worked successfully with Command Alkon’s Director of Marketing at another company. He brought them on board at his new position to help with media and analyst relations, public relations, writing, blogging, and social media.
Command Alkon's eConstruction tools provide a single repository of critical documentation — one single version of the truth — for all stakeholders to work with. For example, with CONNEX Job-site, contractors in the field can use a mobile device to pull up and check on orders placed with suppliers, create approvals, track deliveries, and digitally sign off on documents.
Mobility Platforms and Applications
Mobile is a critical component of any successful Service Management deployment, and there are a number of software vendors that provide enabling mobile technology for Service Management deployments. The mobile software marketplace is crowded and includes GPS vendors, platforms for building and deploying enterprise service applications as well as packaged, off-the-shelf applications focused on specific industries. For a mobile software company to secure customers and, sometimes, even get in the door, it is essential to differentiate through competitive positioning and focused, high-impact public and analyst relations efforts.
Rugged or consumer-grade devices are deployed globally in Service Management implementations, and it can often be an uphill battle to find the right partner and identify the optimal device for a specific use case. Service Management companies need to identify software, service and carrier partners that will help improve its position and gain traction in the Service Management marketplace.
Wireless – Wide Area or Wi-Fi
Carriers and Wi-Fi network providers supply an essential technology piece to achieving rapid ROI and real-time communication within Service Management deployments. Identifying and forging marketing and sales relationships with key partners in the telecommunications and network provider markets is an important first step on the path to success.
Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Asset Management
CRM and EAM systems are the backbones of any successful Service Management deployment. Enterprise customers are looking for vendors with proven successes and tight-knit partnerships that can rapidly deploy, provide projected ROI and continue to innovate into the future and help their customers stay ahead of the competition.
Logistics and Inventory Management
Knowing what parts are where, when, and ensuring fulfillment is essential to reducing service-related costs and overstocked inventory. Poor logistics leads to lost inventory and make-shift parts depots in service rep’s garages and trucks, which, in turn, costs the enterprise money in time, equipment, and non-compliant SLAs.
Scheduling and Routing Optimization
Not very long ago, automated and optimal routing and dispatching was a pipe-dream for most enterprises. Not today as specialty software vendors have spent time, money, and sweat on developing systems based on proprietary algorithms that allow enterprises to route and reroute dynamically based on requirements like customer priority, emergency, SLA, and warranties.
Public Relations Campaigns for Many Clients
- Consistently spectacular press coverage across industries
- Industry analyst relations that identified key analysts, scheduled briefings, maintained top honors, and leveraged analysts in webinars and press releases
- Speaking engagement management for speaking engagements, identifying and securing top slots
- Help refining funding messages, preparing investor presentations, and making introductions to potential investors or business partnersPress release announcement of customers, awards, products, services, hiring, partners & funding
- Cross-industry earned media coverage
- Capturing leading market share
- Corporate name changes
- Product and service launches
- Teaching markets about new technologies, such as SasS-based Field Force Automation (FFA)
- Awareness from great press coverage across verticals and in top business publications over years
- Funding or exit by acquisition