This statement discloses the privacy practices for m1pr.com and other Internet sites owned or operated by Media First PR - Atlanta including such as jimcaruso.com and mediafirst.net.
This policy will let you know: What personally identifiable information is collected from you; What cookies are and how they are used; How your information is used; Who is collecting your information; With whom your information may be shared; What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your information; How you can access, update or delete your information; The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information; To whom should questions regarding this disclosure statement be directed; and How can you deactivate account information and personal profile.
1. What personally identifiable information does Media First PR - Atlanta collect from me? Media First PR - Atlanta collects information in several ways from different parts of MediaFirst.net website. Media First PR - Atlanta collects personally identifying information provided through optional, voluntary registration on several of our sites. These include: Trial, evaluation and beta download registration Event registration Support Registration Process registration Online purchases Contest registration Subscription registration for sites that require subscription Contact Us The identifying information that we collect may be: Name Company Address Email Telephone Fax Title Interests or preferences Credit Card/Financial information If you register yourself within Login (or are a client), you will be asked to supply a username, password and email address (or assigned these). During registration, you may also be asked to provide us with specific preferences for what kind of information you would like to view on the site. The more information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your experience. Once you register you are no longer anonymous within these areas of our site - you are given a Media First PR - Atlanta ID and are able to take full advantage of our information. If you are a client, you may be provided with access to information about your company and the status of projects, open opportunities, or purchases. If you choose not to provide the information we request, you can still visit most of Media First PR - Atlanta web site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, downloads, and services. We may also collect personally identifying information in our employment (careers), media, analyst, prospect, or client portions of the website. For contests, the information gathered in the entry form is used to verify the entrant's identity, to send the entrant an email notification that their entry has been received, and to contact winners and/or prize recipients. Because the rules and terms of each contest can vary, all information about each contest is clearly posted during the event. Newsgroups or chat rooms, on this Website or those maintained by our firm, may be actively monitored by Media First PR - Atlanta. Disclosing personally identifiable information online through chat rooms, forums and message boards make the information submitted public information. Such disclosure may increase your chance of receiving "spam" or unsolicited mail. Be extra careful and use your discretion when disclosing information online, specifically when that information is accessible by the public. Notification of major changes for Media First PR - Atlanta privacy policies due to mergers and or acquisitions of other entities will be communicated via email to all users who have profiled themselves with the mediafirst.net Web site. At that time, users receiving notification will be instructed on how to edit their profiles in order to opt-out of subsequent e-marketing activities from Media First PR - Atlanta. An announcement will also be posted on the MediaFirst.net homepage.
2. What cookies are and how they are used What are cookies? Cookies are used for setting a key on a person's browser that links them to the current state of their web session.Their purpose is to let us know when you visit our site, where you visit the site and save the preferences you set. Your browser can be set to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. If you choose not to accept cookies, you may not have access to certain functionality on our site. Site functionality requiring a login may utilize cookies. As a result, if you would like to login to a site, you may need to accept cookies. We want to be sure you understand that accepting a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you. We know that a lot of people have concerns about cookies, but in talking with many of our users we feel that the benefit we both gain from their proper use is worthwhile. We value the relationships we have with our customers and future customers, so we respect these concerns.
3. How your information is used Media First PR - Atlanta uses the information we collect to enhance your experience on our site through the delivery of information and services based on your preferences. We also use this information to deliver product information, training and event information, notify you of promotions, provide requested information to the media or analysts, or inform you of the status of products or services purchased from our firm. We also track the IP address of the clients from which people visit us and analyze this data for trends and statistics, but the individual users remain anonymous. We use this information to better understand our users' needs when browsing our site.
4. Who is collecting your information: Information provided and collected from our website may be used by Media First PR - Atlanta, contractors, partners, or suppliers. In some cases, a partner or a supplier may collect information about you from the Media First PR - Atlanta website. Website analytics tools may be used to analyze web traffic to the websites we operate. Our tools may create individual profiles for visitors to provide you with a more personalized experience and information more suited to your search inquiries and online actions.
5. With whom your information may be shared: Personal information gathered at Media First PR - Atlanta websites may be shared with third parties, such as our business partners, contractors, or suppliers. When a 3rd party service provider is collecting information, you'll be notified at the time of collection that a 3rd party is collecting information as an agent for Media First PR - Atlanta. You will be given the choice of not providing that information. These companies hired by Media First PR - Atlanta only share the information they collect with Media First PR - Atlanta. This information is not distributed to any other outside source. From time to time, we do joint promotions with Media First PR - Atlanta business partners and may share users' personally identifying information with that partner.In the case when a user receives a communication from a Media First PR - Atlanta partner and wishes to opt-out of any subsequent partner communications, the user must contact that partner directly. Media First PR - Atlanta also shares such information with intermediaries such as credit card companies or banks. Intermediaries serve solely as links in the distribution chain and do not store, retain, or use the information other than to process a transaction.
6. What choices are available to you regarding the collection, use, and distribution of your information: Media First PR - Atlanta may, from time to time, send you an email regarding our services and services. Media First PR - Atlanta does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer.
7. How you can access, update or delete your information: From the Login portion of the site, Media First PR - Atlanta provides web site visitors the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about you during registration, you can choose not to receive our electronic newsletters or email. However, there are a few circumstances where you will receive email information from Media First PR - Atlanta. These include; event and training registration, critical information (for clients), specific contest information outlined in contest rules and client support cases logged online. On other registration forms, a separate opt-out choice may not be provided to users who are not registered with MediaFirst.net Users who only provide information for a specific purpose, such as registering for an event, will only receive communication from Media First PR - Atlanta regarding that specific purpose. However, Media First PR - Atlanta gives you the following options for removing yourself from future communications at any time: You can access "Contact Us" to add your name and email to the Media First PR - Atlanta suppression list. If you have subscribed to one of our electronic newsletters Client News or Electronic Newsletter, you can choose to unsubscribe yourself at any time by following the specific instructions found at the footer of the electronic newsletter. Media First PR - Atlanta provides you with an opportunity to correct or change the information collected during registration for Login. This can be done in the edit profile areas of Login. Users may change this information at any time and as often as necessary, changes are processed with reasonable commercial efforts.
8. The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information Your account and personal information is password-protected so that you and only you have access to this information. You may be provided the ability to edit your personal information by using your ID and password. Alternatively, you may be assigned an ID and password because you are a client and with the approval of your employer. For the purpose of security, new passwords may be issued periodically, but only if assigned by us. Although we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or collected from our online services or services, Media First PR - Atlanta has taken commercially reasonable measures to protect the security of this information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We continue to make every effort to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Data quality and the security of customer information is communicated throughout the organization as part of Human Resources (HR) & Information Technology Policy. Access to customer data is limited to individuals within the Media First PR - Atlanta Customer Service and Data Quality teams. Credit Card information is only kept in the electronic commerce, e-shop, section of the website or within our internal customer order entry system. In the internal data entry system, the data field is encrypted. Media First PR - Atlanta secures data in e-shop by not letting individuals besides the order administrators have access to the information. Our web security is monitored by our security team continuously.
9. To whom should questions regarding this privacy statement be directed Questions regarding this policy should be directed to privacy [at] mediafirst [dot] net. We will strive to respond to your requests within one business day. Or by mail to: Media First PR - Atlanta c/o Web Marketing 415 State Street Roswell, GA 30075 U.S.A.
10. How can a customer deactivate account information and personal profile? At any time, a client can request deactivation of Internet information provided to Media First PR - Atlanta, Requests for deactivation should be directed to privacy [at] mediafirst [dot] net. This functionality may be available as part of the edit information features of the site.