Facebook Best Practices
· Post every day. As people make more friends and Like more pages, your posts may be missed. If you are only posting once or twice a week then it could be a long time between posts if your community misses one or two of them. Some studies show posting between 3-5 times a day can be a good amount for Pages. Studies also show that the weekend is a good time to post updates because many people are on Facebook then.
· Focus on engagement. You are trying to connect and get response from your community. Ask questions, post helpful tips, links to articles that your audience will Like and Share. When you make the posts about your audience and what they need rather than selling, you will develop a richer and deeper relationship with your community. You will sell more as a byproduct of that deeper relationship. Set aside time to follow up on posts and respond to questions on your Wall.
· Have a call to action. Tell people to click the Like or comment on the post. Or have them watch your video or go to your website. Ask them to sign up for your newsletter or just to call you for more information.
· Don’t Focus on selling. While you do want to sell your products or services, no one likes a never-ending sales pitch. Use the 80-20 rule for sales messages vs. content/connection posts. So if you decide to post five times a week, one of the posts should be a sales message and four posts will be other helpful or fun content for your community.
· Make it fun. Facebook is a social community. People are there to have fun. Stay true to your brand but think of ways to entertain your audience. Try a contest or give-away.